By 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator. [Source: Customers 2020 Report]
Are you doing enough to attract new customers & loyal repeat buyers? Here are 5 tips for attracting & retaining loyal customers by providing a best-in-class, personalized shopping experience with multichannel commerce.
Click to tweet
1) Don’t be afraid to get personal.
- Give customers access to exclusive or personalized product catalogs.
- Display quantity price breaks & customer-specific contract pricing based on customer login.
- Extend targeted promotions to individual customers or customer groups.
- Provide more relevant product recommendations based on browsing history.
- Allow certain customers to use special payment terms & shipping options.
2) Provide faceted product search & guided navigation.
- Auto-suggest search terms when a customer begins to type.
- Display easy to use filters so customers can apply select multiple attributes & refine the product catalog.
- Help customers find the information they’re looking for quickly by guiding them with tiered categories.
3) Go mobile & do it well.
- Do a service to your buyers & sales teams alike. Customers can place orders on their mobile devices & your internal team can utilize the mobile eCommerce site as a selling tool on-the-go, in the shop, or at events.
- Utilize device recognition to deliver the most optimized version of your website for desktops, phones & tablets.
- Don’t just go responsive, as UX & site speed will likely take a hit. Keep mobile templates speedy & user-friendly per device with adaptive template technology.
4) Empower customers with a rich content & features.
- Present high quality product content, including images, attributes, videos, & real-time inventory.
- Encourage customers to leave product reviews. This doesn’t only give you great website content, it gives you an opportunity to address feedback.
- Use relational product data to show product variants, bundles, & suggested products & product accessories.
- Chat with customers on your website real-time to answer their questions quickly & keep them from going elsewhere.
- Allow customers to re-order products easily based on order history.
- If access to anything on your site requires authorization, make it easy to inquire with digital application forms.
5) Make multiple commerce channels easy (on you & your customers).
- Allow customers to order 24×7 from desktop, mobile & selling partners, but still give the sales team “concierge” customer service touch.
- Make it easy for buyers to make purchases wherever they are. Optimize checkout on your eCommerce website, & also be prepared for them to quickly & easily place orders with their customer service or sales reps.
- Compile multichannel orders in one location so your customers can find their order history regardless of how or where each order was placed.
Not sure where to start? Singularity’s got you covered.
Call us at 720.408.2660.